3DMARK06 Scores Here

I got a question ... why is my 3DMark06 score higher when setting my memory back to 2T?

when set to 1T score is 5774
when set to 2T score is 5781

Should I set it to 1T or 2T?

1T is better in general. maybe you had something opened during the benchmark... ctrl+alt+delete and check processes
btw benched my 7900gtx :D
6058! OH BOY! :D

fade2green514 said:
1T is better in general. maybe you had something opened during the benchmark... ctrl+alt+delete and check processes
btw benched my 7900gtx :D
6058! OH BOY! :D

I agree. Every time you run it, your going to get a slightly better benchmark. If you really want to see whats better, try running PCMark04/05 when it's set to 1T and 2T.

BTW, nice score :).

Here is mine,
bench2me.jpg

What is the highest score so far?

duno you beat me pretty easily tho... but im currently running my gtx in an x8 slot, if i get another card i'll beat you easily :D im not getting one though.. i didnt even pay for the one i have! lol.
plus im running my cpu 200mhz under what i can... :p
i need a new psu and monitor first though.
the cooler on this new 7900gtx has heatpipes! its so nice it runs cooler than my 7800gt and i modded that with an nv silencer!
ill bet my fps is higher than two 7900gt's in SLI in quake 4 ultra quality though :D 512mb vmemory vs 256mb vmemory = win in higher qualities. lol

Last edited:
fade2green514 said:
duno you beat me pretty easily tho... but im currently running my gtx in an x8 slot, if i get another card i'll beat you easily :D im not getting one though.. i didnt even pay for the one i have! lol.
plus im running my cpu 200mhz under what i can... :p
i need a new psu and monitor first though.
the cooler on this new 7900gtx has heatpipes! its so nice it runs cooler than my 7800gt and i modded that with an nv silencer!
ill bet my fps is higher than two 7900gt's in SLI in quake 4 ultra quality though :D 512mb vmemory vs 256mb vmemory = win in higher qualities. lol

Jet said:
How'd he beat you, fade2green514?

He has dual 7900GT's in SLI, which is better than a single 7900GTX. It's not because your running in an 8x slot, or because your cpu is 200Mhz slower.

512mb vmemory vs 256mb vmemory = win in higher qualities.
so a 512MB 6200 would beat a 256MB 7800GTX? :rolleyes:

Burgon said:
Umm, I have a EN7900GTX and my score is lower then yours. WHY!!!!
SLI my brother. Dont feel too bad, I still payed more than you. If you got another GTX you would be smoking me. Trust me if you have a GTX, you have a potentially better computer than me. Does anyone know the highest score in this thread so far?

[-0MEGA-] said:
He has dual 7900GT's in SLI, which is better than a single 7900GTX. It's not because your running in an 8x slot, or because your cpu is 200Mhz slower.

so a 512MB 6200 would beat a 256MB 7800GTX? :rolleyes:
haha gotta be a skeptic dont you...
two 7900gt's have more processing power... like 24+24 pipelines vs. 24pipelines... but since his cards have generally the same structure just lower clocks then my card would do better in games that require a lot more than 256mb of video memory. (vmemory =30-50gbps for the cards we speak of.. system memory = 3-8gbps normally)

well 3dmark06 is damn new and needs a lot of processing power.
75 actually sounds like it might be running a P3 with old school 8mb video card graphics lol
its in my sig, and i posted it on the last page or the page before.

I got a whopping 1430! i think i got max 7fps, i only have the limited edition, but i was sooo beautiful.

What are the settings everyone is running them at? becasue different resolutions, different AA and AF settings are going to get different results, i havnt tried 3Dmark 06 yet but in 3Dmark 05 got "6527" and that was with 1024x1280, 4xAA and 8xAF. I havnt read this whole thread (im too lazy lol) to see if there is a standard ppl are following but i think there should be ??? what you think?

Back