Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

*sigh*, I said that I was getting 35 FPS average with my gtx 460 on 1080p, YOU REPLIED TO MY QUOTE and said that with 1920x1200 it would be 24fps...that means you were talking about MY setup. No where did you say 5870.

And once again, I never said that a 5870 could play metro maxxed out, I said it would play it just fine, I believe I even said medium settings when I stated that.

I know you don't understand english that well but maybe you should learn it better before you keep posting crap. I'm not going to go on some french forum and try to post there until I'm completely fluent in the language.

It didn't matter. Grow up and act like 27. If you don't fully understand what people say, just ask and it is not going hurt.

If I don't fully understand what you say it's because it's not good english. And there was no misunderstanding on my part, YOU are the one that replied to my quote. Your lack of comprehension of the english language is at fault.

You're telling me to grow up? Seriously? LEARN ENGLISH and there will be no problems.

Last edited:
If I don't fully understand what you say it's because it's not good english. And there was no misunderstanding on my part, YOU are the one that replied to my quote. Your comprehension of the english language is at fault.

That is because you don't ask me if I'm talk about 5870 or gtx 460. Stop make issue please.

It would play it on high, which is plenty fine. 4x MSAA and 16x AF isn't even needed, it never looked any different to me.

Honestly, I think 16x AF is needed in EVERY game. Its probably the most important aspect to the graphics. If somehow they could allow for 32x AF that would be great. You might notice it more in some games than others, but I notice it in almost all games. It really stands out if you look at the ground and if you can see "lines" of different filtering stages then thats no good.

Apart from that, I agree that Metro doesnt exactly look any better from max settings to lower settings. I used to play it on high settings on my 8800 at 30fps (no DX11 obviously) and I havent noticed a difference in visual quality with my 680 aside from the ability to use AA and the increased fps.

Honestly, I think 16x AF is needed in EVERY game. Its probably the most important aspect to the graphics. If somehow they could allow for 32x AF that would be great. You might notice it more in some games than others, but I notice it in almost all games. It really stands out if you look at the ground and if you can see "lines" of different filtering stages then thats no good.

Apart from that, I agree that Metro doesnt exactly look any better from max settings to lower settings. I used to play it on high settings on my 8800 at 30fps (no DX11 obviously) and I havent noticed a difference in visual quality with my 680 aside from the ability to use AA and the increased fps.

I got the same feeling with far cry 3. It's really difficult to find a difference between aa and no aa, even at medium or lower with aa off it looks pretty nice...

I'd like to show you all my work of art, as that's exactly what it is to me :D

8639960825_7508853a62_c.jpg

Overall. Two blue LED 120s in the front give it a nice glow :)

8639957909_efe82b4dc6_c.jpg

This is the custom water cooling. For anyone who was wondering, my cpu idles idles just a few degrees above room temp which is an absolutely amazing thing to see after using a stock cooler which made me want to cry.

8639955433_3a2f6c5cb4_c.jpg

I finally took the plunge and spent money on a good SSD, along with a nice mounting tray. The sata power cables were covered by me.

8641056838_ec7ed5d824_c.jpg

Every single cable that comes from the power supply that is black was custom "sleeved" by me. It took me the better part of a saturday to do this 100%, but I can say that it was 100% worth it. To anyone who says my power supply is gross - you are correct. BUT, it does the job, and it actually does it pretty well (zero problems, 80 plus certified, 700 watts). I may find some way to cover it so it at least matches the rest of the system, as well as something to do to the wires right on the bottom.

Overall, this system is amazing, and I love it. It took months of planning and saving, and now it's pretty much done. Hope you guys enjoy it :)

I give one suggestion for the psu you mentioned, paint it black yourself :p

All the rest looks awesome! Nice cable management! :D

Also, I do have a question about the cooling behind that loop, could you make a pic of that? :D

Anyway, here's what I have atm. Bit crappy though (cools okey, but I got some plans how to build it in and let it work better :D All custom! only the cpu block is a crappy thing from ebay):

I know it's a shitcase! :)

My athlon rig for now, my hd6870 will be gone this evening, so have a last look on it here and now! :p

specs:
-athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 3.13ghz
-XFX HD6870 @ stock
-Sharkoon WPM500
-hewlett packard vectra VL case (my very old server case, had to find a case where the mobo fit in :p)
-Custom cooling with aquarium filter and cheep waterblock from ebay (+ bottle destilled water)
-ASUS M3A79-T
-4GB DDR2 (2x2gb) ADATA vitesta extreme 800+ @800mhz
-4GB DDR2 (2x2gb) Apacer 667mhz @800mhz
-Seagate 7200RPM 250Gb (old HDD)

How you like it? :p Old stuff made a maf nice riggy! :D
sorry again for cable management

dsc02339i.jpg

dsc02340pu.jpg

dsc02343gt.jpg

dsc02345v.jpg

dsc02347kr.jpg

dsc02348q.jpg

dsc02350tn.jpg

dsc02351t.jpg

dsc02352rr.jpg

dsc02353qa.jpg

dsc02354r.jpg

Nice build. I wish I had a 6870 or a 7870 :(

And yeah sure, here's what's behind the cooling. This picture is old, but it's the same thing now, just with a fan.

8546580001_9ac3239854_c.jpg

As for the PSU, I do want to paint it black, but it's already hooked in (obviously not modular) and it would honestly take an entire day just to get it out and painted. I think the way I'm gonna go right now is to use some sort of peel and stick film, or something like that. and I'll cut out slits for the cooling holes and the wires. Then Ill wrap black tape around the wires. That should help the look of the build immensely.

Last edited:
Nice build. I wish I had a 6870 or a 7870 :(

And yeah sure, here's what's behind the cooling. This picture is old, but it's the same thing now, just with a fan.

8546580001_9ac3239854_c.jpg

As for the PSU, I do want to paint it black, but it's already hooked in (obviously not modular) and it would honestly take an entire day just to get it out and painted. I think the way I'm gonna go right now is to use some sort of peel and stick film, or something like that. and I'll cut out slits for the cooling holes and the wires. Then Ill wrap black tape around the wires. That should help the look of the build immensely.

Pretty nice for fully custom cooling :p

The hd6870 is sold btw, there's a 9600 GT in it now... It's just a small test riggy, nothing special.

The hd6870 is sold btw, there's a 9600 GT in it now... It's just a small test riggy, nothing special.
9600s are still pretty decent cards actually. I put an XFX 9600 GSO 384MB in a rig for a friend (with an FX-4100 and 4GB of RAM) and he's gaming happily with it at 720p I think. Good performer considering it cost about 20 quid second hand. :D

9600s are still pretty decent cards actually. I put an XFX 9600 GSO 384MB in a rig for a friend (with an FX-4100 and 4GB of RAM) and he's gaming happily with it at 720p I think. Good performer considering it cost about 20 quid second hand. :D

Yep, I just placed the CPU cooler from my Athlon on it ;P. Is 68degrees max good? The ram isn't cooled though.

The difference with an hd6870 is pretty huge though... F.e. valley on 720p is a difference of 20 fps (~15, 34).

Yep, I just placed the CPU cooler from my Athlon on it ;P. Is 68degrees max good? The ram isn't cooled though.

The difference with an hd6870 is pretty huge though... F.e. valley on 720p is a difference of 20 fps (~15, 34).

68C max on any graphics card is pretty good. :) And yeah, obviously the 6870 is a more powerful card than the 9600 GT, but the 9600 GT is older after all by a few years.

I have an old PNY 8800GT 512MB that I'm putting to use in my lan build and it can actually play MW3 maxed out at a decent framrate (mid 70s-80s).

And yeah the water cooling does exactly what I need it - which is keep this chip as cool as possible. I was experiencing about 3 shutdowns a day from the stock cooler. Not sure if the chip itself was overheating or if it was throwing off so much heat that my 5850 was overheating. Either way, that block keeps it pretty cool. I'm very satisfied, especially for the final price of it all.

Haha I've had a lot of cards in the past but I don't 'miss' any of them since the card I replace them with is always faster. :D

I miss my hd6870 :'(. Anyway, my bro has one his his system though...
But since my hd6870 has quit my testrig, I'm getting less excited in that little waterproject for some reason.

Back