Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

I wish I could put my case on my desk. I have a very large desk, but my case would take up all my work space. Its a monster. So it stays on the floor gathering dust :( .

Same here unfortunately. :(

My desk is relatively large, but if I put my case on it (and it's only a midi-tower), it just looks so stupid and there's little room left.

@linkin, nice setup! :good:

New desk layout :)

V0UEV99.jpg

ks5WtHT.jpg

I'm not sure how I noticed but you have custom build keyboard?

What is your desk made of? If wood, then it is a simple matter to elevate the computer a bit on a homemade stand attached to the desk. Really all you need are a single 2x12 (just easier to use than several smaller boards) of about 6ft or so, a few screws, and a drill. Just assemble them to your acceptable height in an L pattern.

My desk, if I am not mistaken, is made of solid oak. I am by no means a wood expert, but the wood used to make this desk is solid, sturdy, and ultra heavy. My step-dad bought it years and years ago and paid over $5k for it. What you see now in the post your room thread is only half of the desk. I dont like putting together the whole desk as it is way too large to be conventional I just like the wrap around part.

I will probably keep my PC on the floor for now until I think of something clever. I am going to invest in water cooling for my next build so hopefully dust wont be as big of an issue then and it will make overclocking alot easier than dragging out big fans to keep temps down. I have yet to wander into the realm of water cooling so I think its about time. It seems processors these days are using less power but running much hotter having more cores and what not, that even aftermarket air cooling wont allow for good overclocking.

And Im tired of my PC turning my room into a sauna. Hopefully water cooling will help from burning up my room as well.

As for what james was saying. It sounds like, and judging from his picture, he is talking about building a plywood platform lifted 3 inches up off the floor. I have a wood floor so probably wouldnt make a difference for me, and plywood wont support the weight of my case anyway. It weighs roughly 45-50 lbs.

Last edited:
Sorry to say there, but watercooling will not help the ambient, unless you mount the radiator external to the room. It will actually increase the temp more, as it removes more heat from the components, and vents it out the radiator.

@James
I did not know that. But in any case, you should be able to handle your english even better then. Please at least try to improve your english, it will help everyone you attempt to help.

I could PROBABLY make a hole in my floor to funnel out the air from a radiator.... kinda like a reverse vent. Maybe make 2 small holes and have one funneling air IN during the winter time. It would be an epic cooling setup I would imagine. I have it pictured in my head just epicness. Under my floor is a crawl space fyi so its pretty much the same temp as outside, slightly warmer with the furnace during the winter though but def cooler than inside. Probably would need some kind of moisture filter if I build an intake as it tends to flood under my house and even with the sump pump pumping the water out Im sure its moist as all hell down there.

HOLY RESOLUTION BATMAN!!

Nice M50's Limited Edition

And wolfe, are you really going to criticize the guy's English? Give him a break. I can almost always understand him and you're not exactly perfect either. None of us are.

My goodness. Please, please not let be there fight over my poorly English. Not that I hate, dislike or unforgivable, but I care. I only say this because I want this fight stop right there. It is hurt. Can we doing posting picture of PC instead of fighting?

@bconover, holy resolution! :p

Looks like you've got yourself a nice case, but I'd probably advise getting a power supply with the 6-pin PCI Express plugs on it already so you don't have to use those molex adapters. It'd look better and improve your cable management too!

Back