Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Nope. Nothing has really changed since I replaced my Crucial M4 with a Vertex 4 in February and that wasn't a massive visual change. ;)

I was thinking of replacing the 5870 at some point but I decided to keep it. :D

5870 is still good for gaming like crysis 2. Wait until you trying Metro 2033 :D

A 5870 will play metro 2033 just fine at 1080p. I play with a gtx 460 1gb on medium settings never drops below 30 FPS with an average of 35, and a 5870 is stronger.

tumblr_mky1bjzyN31rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

Nice system. :):good:

I might do the same when i got some time next week,take mine into the garden and give it a good blow out as its not been opened since i replaced the cooler on my GTX 670 some time back.

I could do with getting some filters for my 140mm fans (4x),They're only like £3.98 each so not too bad.

A 5870 will play metro 2033 just fine at 1080p. I play with a gtx 460 1gb on medium settings never drops below 30 FPS with an average of 35, and a 5870 is stronger.

And with what settings at 1080p for the 5870? AA? Because my 680 even struggles to maintain 60fps at times with everything turned up. I wouldnt know what "math" would needed to be done to figure that out, if any, because there is no math that will determine a certain setups performance it will vary from machine to machine. But I would think a 5870 would struggle with Metro at 1080p with AA and everything max. Its a demanding game.

Try the new Tomb Raider at 1080p :) I get 26fps average with my setup.

A 5870 is still a pretty capable card for 1080p gaming.
It's certainly good enough for me. I'm not the most extreme of gamers, I only play the odd game here and there, so yeah. That was my reasoning for keeping it. Also because I'm broke. :D

Nice system. :):good:

I might do the same when i got some time next week,take mine into the garden and give it a good blow out as its not been opened since i replaced the cooler on my GTX 670 some time back.

I could do with getting some filters for my 140mm fans (4x),They're only like £3.98 each so not too bad.
I found yesterday that filters haven't helped me too much. The front intake fan has a filter, which was covered in dust. I took the filter off, and then found that the fan which was behind it was also covered in dust. I've never seen so much dust on one of my fans before.

Does anybody here have any tips on how to reduce dust inside PCs? I have my PC sitting on the floor at the moment - I'm going to go into the garage today and see if there's any wood or something I can put it on. I can't put it on my desk because it's too big and noisy. :/

But I would think a 5870 would struggle with Metro at 1080p with AA and everything max. Its a demanding game.

If you want I can find out for you? ;)

Very nice, spirit.
Thanks. :)

And with what settings at 1080p for the 5870? AA? Because my 680 even struggles to maintain 60fps at times with everything turned up. I wouldnt know what "math" would needed to be done to figure that out, if any, because there is no math that will determine a certain setups performance it will vary from machine to machine. But I would think a 5870 would struggle with Metro at 1080p with AA and everything max. Its a demanding game.

Settings on normal, DX11 with AAA and 4x AF. I can play it on high with the same FPS if I overclock my 460.

60 FPS to play metro is very high, anything over 30 is smooth. With settings on very high, 4x MSAA and 16x AF my FPS would be like 10 with a gtx 460 lol. I never said the 5870 would max metro, but who cares. It would play it on high, which is plenty fine. 4x MSAA and 16x AF isn't even needed, it never looked any different to me.

The math is simple, I said I was getting 35 FPS average with my gtx 460 on 1080p, and he said that with 1920x1200 I would be getting 24fps average. 1200p is 10% more pixels than 1080p, is impossible to lose 32% of my FPS for 10% more pixels.

Well, generally, having a PC on the floor is really going to increase the amount of dust. Putting the tower up off the floor will always be better.

I found yesterday that filters haven't helped me too much. The front intake fan has a filter, which was covered in dust. I took the filter off, and then found that the fan which was behind it was also covered in dust. I've never seen so much dust on one of my fans before.

Is blade removable? If so, you should be able to wash with wash without hurt fan.

Settings on normal, DX11 with AAA and 4x AF. I can play it on high with the same FPS if I overclock my 460.

60 FPS to play metro is very high, anything over 30 is smooth. With settings on very high, 4x MSAA and 16x AF my FPS would be like 10 with a gtx 460 lol. I never said the 5870 would max metro, but who cares. It would play it on high, which is plenty fine. 4x MSAA and 16x AF isn't even needed, it never looked any different to me.

The math is simple, I said I was getting 35 FPS average with my gtx 460 on 1080p, and he said that with 1920x1200 I would be getting 24fps average. 1200p is 10% more pixels than 1080p, is impossible to lose 32% of my FPS for 10% more pixels.

Really? :)

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...k=view&id=522&Itemid=72&limit=1&limitstart=11

PS: I don't say you would getting 24 fps avg on your video card. I'm talk about 5870. That is if play on highest setting.

Well, generally, having a PC on the floor is really going to increase the amount of dust. Putting the tower up off the floor will always be better.
Yeah. :/ Do you think sitting it on a bit of a wood would help at all?

Is blade removable? If so, you should be able to wash with wash without hurt fan.

Not quite sure what you're talking about here... :confused:

Ah sorry I see now - sorry about that. :eek:

No they're not removable, only got the stock NZXT fans in there at the moment and they're cheap. :/

But otherwise, yeah I would have probably done that.

Hmm. I have dust filter too. Here is good tip. Keep rug or wood floor clean. As well as trying to keep your room dust free a week or a month.

Another tip. Can use water and q-tip to clean blade. Just need to wet q tip first then clean blade. It work really good.

Hmm. I have dust filter too. Here is good tip. Keep rug or wood floor clean. As well as trying to keep your room dust free a week or a month.

Another tip. Can use water and q-tip to clean blade. Just need to wet q tip first then clean blade. It work really good.

My PC's sitting on carpet. I hoover my carpet obviously but keeping my room dust free is hard, if not impossible (seems to be a very dusty room, I do dust it).

I'm going to find some way of raising it off the floor I think. Can't really put it on my desk, too big.

Really? :)

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...k=view&id=522&Itemid=72&limit=1&limitstart=11

PS: I don't say you would getting 24 fps avg on your video card. I'm talk about 5870. That is if play on highest setting.

*sigh*, I said that I was getting 35 FPS average with my gtx 460 on 1080p, YOU REPLIED TO MY QUOTE and said that with 1920x1200 it would be 24fps...that means you were talking about MY setup. No where did you say 5870.

And once again, I never said that a 5870 could play metro maxxed out, I said it would play it just fine, I believe I even said medium settings when I stated that.

I know you don't understand english that well but maybe you should learn it better before you keep posting crap. I'm not going to go on some french forum and try to post there until I'm completely fluent in the language.

Back