3DMARK06 Scores Here

would disabling the ports i dont use in the BIOS help you think?
i mean,.. do they do something if nothing is connected to it?

Yes disabling unused devices would help. I have my serial and parallel ports disabled as well as a few other things that I don't use. Anything that is enabled has to be checked by the CPU at certain intervals

A big thing is to disable the onboard audio if you use a sound card for audio. The same also goes with motherboards that have integated graphics, if its not automatically disabled.

[-0MEGA-];458665 said:
A big thing is to disable the onboard audio if you use a sound card for audio. The same also goes with motherboards that have integated graphics, if its not automatically disabled.

... now that you mention it... i had to reset the bios once because i tried to overclock it too high ( and my PSU couldnt deliver enough power for it i think :p ).. so maybe indeed the Onboard audio turned itself back on..
stupid me... i should have looked for that.. :(

Onboard audio, even if it is used doesn't cause much of a hit (maybe 160 points in 3dmark but it should be close to unnoticable). To be honest I don't think the extra features are the culprits, disabling them will help but most likely only on the tests you run in sandra, everest and the like. I think the biggest difference is from the fact that it is a different board. Even 2 identical boards will perform differently.

The albatron has the Nforce 4 SLI chipset,. and Asus has the Nforce 4 SLI32 chipset (2x 16xpci-e slots)
but i bought the motherboard so i could overclock my CPU.. but i need a stronger PSU for that :( 10 day's or so.. then i'll have my PSU :)
and i gues with the processor overclocked,.. the upgrade was worth it
(also the motherboard has passive cooling,.. it made the pc a lot more quiet.

edit,.. damn.. sorry for the off-topic once again :|

edit 2: as for the onboard sound.. i got an increasement of 10fps in games ( between 8 and 15 ) by just disabling the onboard sound, and using the audigy 4. so i think it does cound for something :)

Last edited:
untitled-4.jpg

CPU @ 2515MHz and my grafic's card's at 449 - 1300

No voltage upping of whatever.. but my PSU started to smell a bit, (no overcurrent protection) so i didnt push it.. (yet... :D )

cmon.. 7657 aint bad, you have to admit :)

Last edited:
edit 2: as for the onboard sound.. i got an increasement of 10fps in games ( between 8 and 15 ) by just disabling the onboard sound, and using the audigy 4. so i think it does cound for something
Bad onboard solution then, I get a difference of 1-2FPS tops.

its hard going from 19k+ in 3dmark03 to 5232 in 3dmark06 but hey it don't seem that bad.

i had 0-1 fps during the CPU tests

I just ran it again and got 6888, i'll try later with a few tweaks.

:p

edit: if archangel had a c2d she would be getting over 3000 cpu score.

Back