3DMARK06 Scores Here

You guys think that if I reformat and install 3DMark06 before anything else that I can get a much higher score?

3dmark.jpg

Last edited:
MatrixEVO said:
In 3DMark03 and 05 I reformatted and got a better score then when I defragmented.
well obviously, but the score isnt going to be hugely effected. Even if you re-install windows, once you install your programs back on it will be pretty much the same as before you reformated.

And reformating just to get a higher score is pretty stupid.

suprasteve said:
umm, Matrix, that's really excessive, do those extra few points really mean that much to you?

YES! :p

But on a more serious note, suprasteve is kinda right. To reformat, and get a couple more points isn't worth the time (IMHO anyway ;)).

Rambo said:
YES! :p

But on a more serious note, suprasteve is kinda right. To reformat, and get a couple more points isn't worth the time (IMHO anyway ;)).
very true, especiall since once you reinstall your prgorams games really wont run any faster.

ok, just to please you i will run it, not now though, im gouing to bed, tomorrow i will download and run and se my whopping score of like 10 or something, oh the wonders of the FX5200..... LMAO

dragon2309 said:
ok, just to please you i will run it, not now though, im gouing to bed, tomorrow i will download and run and se my whopping score of like 10 or something, oh the wonders of the FX5200..... LMAO

I can't wait! lol

Just a bit of tweaking here and there, and I now get into the 3800's! :D

3dmark06oc3.jpg

Ok, dont laugh. This is my first test at stock speeds

And after OC some i got this:

Edit: You had messed up one of the picture url's, fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
geoff5093 said:
well obviously, but the score isnt going to be hugely effected. Even if you re-install windows, once you install your programs back on it will be pretty much the same as before you reformated.

And reformating just to get a higher score is pretty stupid.

I need to reformat anyways, I like to every once in a while, just to make myself feel better about my comp's health.

MatrixEVO said:
I need to reformat anyways, I like to every once in a while, just to make myself feel better about my comp's health.
your comps fine, most people wait years before re-installing windows. Do you really want to lose your game files and personal settings?

ckfordy said:
intel pentium 4 2.8 with HT and a ati radeon x300 SE 128 mb with omega drivers.

I thought you were testing it with the rig in your sig! You actually had me worried! :p

Back