*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

4032781391_dccb211714_b.jpg

Sunset on the plains near Zion National Park.

(Very little post processing)

great photo, Jet, :)
just what is the blue, red, and yellow colors from,was it a sunset/rise. It must have been amazing to see it in person. .

great photo, Jet, :)
just what is the blue, red, and yellow colors from,was it a sunset/rise. It must have been amazing to see it in person. .

It was a sunset--the blue is the back of dense clouds--the sunlight didn't go through that, so it was blue instead of red. I love the thunderstorms out west--they are so much more epic than in Atlanta! (you can see the wisps of rain being caught in the sun).

IMO the dark road makes it looks more interesting, light is sandwiched between blue and black, looks awesome.

But I'm sure an HDR would not look bad at all.

Nice rolling water shot there Geoff. How many stops of ND filter are you using to gain that effect? More so, mind sharing your process? Been wanting to try this type of shot myself for awhile now...just need some free time and the drive to do it lol.

Thanks, and no ND filter, just used my 50D with a 100mm macro lens at f/32, 1/2s, ISO100. I wanted to do a longer exposure but I don't have any ND filters that fit that lens, so I was stuck with that.

went to a wedding last night. just a few shots from my eos 1000d + 18-55mm lens kit. i'm still a noob. :p no post processing.

_MG_0743.jpg

_MG_0759.jpg

_MG_0791.jpg

_MG_0811.jpg

Last edited:
Well, generally, any DSLR regardless of it's "level" will yield better photos at higher ISO than a point and shoot.

[-0MEGA-];1344706 said:
Thanks, and no ND filter, just used my 50D with a 100mm macro lens at f/32, 1/2s, ISO100. I wanted to do a longer exposure but I don't have any ND filters that fit that lens, so I was stuck with that.

Ah, turned out great either way though. Don't suppose you're getting tired of that 100 macro and want to get rid of it for next to nothing? :D

Excellent shot there to your bro.

Back