*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

I'll show you straight out of the camera Ben!

2778729911_fc3c7c4666_b.jpg

... cause I'm just that good

or just that bad....

IMGP4005.jpg

lols

Last edited:
I saw this little critter crawling around outside today. Apparently's it a white marked tussock caterpillar.

Attachments

• Caterpillar.jpg
    Caterpillar.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 78
[The following reply isn't only for Geoff but for others to ponder as well]

I could respond in two ways here:

I could try and prove that I don't do as much post-processing as you assume I do, and post straightouttathecam as well as "less edited" shots--OR...

In all honesty, my goal isn't to create realistic pictures that everyone will enjoy. I take pictures for my own enjoyment[unless its specifically for a client]. If someone else happens to like it, great! If not, great!

For me, photography isn't about seeing the world as it is and trying to create an exact replica of "natural"[If I wanted that, I wouldn't edit my photos]--It's about making what the world is, appear as it should be in my own eyes.

Personally I'd be pleased to see a heavily post-processed photo that already looks good naturally over a photo that has no editing at all and looks good naturally.
You may question why in the world...? Because a photographer who took a photo that looked great naturally and made it 10x better with PP just took it one step further to amazing--Meaning not only that they have talent with the camera but also talent with their imagination to make it look even better.

Does this mean I object to natural looking straightouttathecam pictures? No--not at all. I like natural pictures that look great. But my own artist preference is beautifully post-processed photo's over natural ones[Even if its just a hint of contrast that made the difference].
Though, I don't like photo's that look ridiculous because of the post-processing[Even still, that's an opinion].

Am I intentionally being harsh/defensive? Not a bit[though I am defending my own opinion]--However I am trying to reveal my point of view for clarity on the subject.
-------------------
Now then--It would only be fair of me to ask you to show some of your photo's WITH post-processing assuming you do none whatsoever :D They look too real and not unrealistic enough :p
[jokes]

That's great and all but you still didn't answer my question, how did you take that picture on the previous page of that eye and can i see the original along with know what you did in processing to make it look like that?

The telephoto end in this particular lens is at 105mm not 18mm, I would've thought you knew that Geoff. Besides, different lenses work completely different, just because you have a wide-end lens and a telephoto zoom lens at the same focal length, does not mean you'll get the same results on both (in this case vignetting)
I know that, I was asking if you meant at the 18mm end instead of the 105mm end.

Now then--It would only be fair of me to ask you to show some of your photo's WITH post-processing assuming you do none whatsoever :D They look too real and not unrealistic enough :p
[jokes]
I actually never tried editing them the way you do, so I fired up Photoshop and gave it a try. Keep in mind this is my first attempt, so be easy :)

Before:
669604985_Rt6Ey-L.jpg

After:

669604441_GojpW-L.jpg

[-0MEGA-];1331587 said:
I actually never tried editing them the way you do, so I fired up Photoshop and gave it a try. Keep in mind this is my first attempt, so be easy :)
After:[/B]
669604441_GojpW-L.jpg

That looks really good man. I'm impressed at yo skillz.

[-0MEGA-];1331664 said:

Now I just have to wait for Ben to come on

I like it a lot. Colors are nice, great contrast. However I do have a point of constructive criticism...

...and I'll let you know what it is when I edit your photo :p Can ya send me the original?

[email protected]

I like it a lot. Colors are nice, great contrast. However I do have a point of constructive criticism...

...and I'll let you know what it is when I edit your photo :p Can ya send me the original?

[email protected]
Sending you two E-Mails. First is with the JPG, second is the RAW file with the edited XMP.

And does it have anything to do with the fingerprint? lol

[-0MEGA-];1331587 said:
I know that, I was asking if you meant at the 18mm end instead of the 105mm end.

Well, I said telephoto, wouldn't that mean the 105mm? :rolleyes:

Anyways, your edit is awesome! :good:

Bob, love the first one.

Patrick, is your flash always on because you like the effect or because it's always on auto? If the latter I'd try turning the flash off for some of your pictures, you might like the results.

Geoff, I'm impressed. That is a damn well edited photo for your first attempt.

Back