SpeedFan

jp198780

what kind of fan do you have 2 have 2 configure the fan speeds? im trying 2 do this with my GX240, the fan is reall low, anybody know?

The fans have to be hooked up to the motherboard. If there hooked up straight to the power supply then it wont work.

Then either your fans/mobo aren't capable of reading the RPM's or controlling the speed, or you got confused in thinking that they were hooked up to the motherboard.

no, i deffinatley know that their hooked up 2 the mob, i took them out 2 clean em a ton of times lol. their Dell's, maybe they dont let you read em?

jp198780 said:
no, i deffinatley know that their hooked up 2 the mob, i took them out 2 clean em a ton of times lol. their Dell's, maybe they dont let you read em?

Your fans may be compatible, but your motherboard may not, or vise virsa.

jp, lol, come on man, ask me first... the motherboard cannot pick up RPMs or temperatures, buy a fan controller with a temperature probe

lol, you werent on AIM, and i didnt feel like PM'in you, didnt know if you knew, but yeah, soo i need 2 buy a fan controller, with a temp. probe?

i got another question, this is not a coky question, but, what is SpeedFan 4 then?

EDIT: what fan controller would you recommended? im not trying 2 spend over $50.

i really just want 2 control, maybe 2-3 fans, and the CPU fan, soo 4, and i want 2 monitor the HD and CPU.

I have a question too. Where does speedfan get temp1? I know HD0 is from hard disk but i dont know where temp1 comes from.
My temps are
HD0: 106F 41C
Temp1: 104F 40C
Are these good enough?

liek Kusama told me, manufacturers of HD's say that the normal temp is 40C, or something like that, but if it stays like that, you should be fine, well, the look from the temps, they look like they should fall, their normal temps. though, the HD should always run a little hotter than the HD works more.

my Compaq only came with a PCU fan so i added 2 more fans today and its running cooler but i gotta change the spot of the computer cuz its like in a hole.

Arti_2005 said:
my Compaq only came with a PCU fan so i added 2 more fans today and its running cooler but i gotta change the spot of the computer cuz its like in a hole.

yeahh, more fans is the way 2 go.

i shut my computer off (GX240), took the fan that i had under the HD out, took the 3-pin adapter, used that 4 a 12MM fan, that spins at like 1,000 MPH lol, and stuff it in the OEM cover 4 the CPU fan (Kusama's knows what im talking about :)), and it will be keeping the CPU alottt cooler, i should be getting my HD cooler from UPS any day now.

where did you hook the fans up 2? if you could buy a HD cooler, or stick a fan under the HD, i bought my HD cooler from Ebay, 4 like $10, but theres a vry cheap 1 on Newegg 4 $6.

EDIT: what kinds of fans does that need?

Ok u got a good point about putting a fan under the HD since it gets really hot and makes the whole computer hot. I installed the fans from the cables that u connect ur HDs and Cdroms with. I connected the small one to 12 volt and the big one to 5 volt cuz its a very big fan and it makes a lot of noise. Heres a pic:
100_4868.jpg

I made the hole and put the shield on there and it turned out pretty good exept for the rouch edges but its alright. The other fan is on the back.

Edit: There is a connecter for a fan on the mobo but i need to find a connector. Then i can give it a lil more then 5 volt :D

Last edited:
lol, nice job, i never thought of that, very nice. soo thats a fan sucking hot air out of the case? and a fan grill? i thought it was 1 of those 2 fan PSU lol.

thats the only fan? and does that stand straight up?

eDIT: thats a big fan, what size? 120MM?

No both fans blow air in, no fans blowing out. What do u mean does it stand straight up? This is a back view of the computer standin up.

100_4869.jpg

Edit: Should i install a fan blowing air out?

Back