AVG or Norton

supershoe

hi when it comes to computers i am pretty hopless at the moment i use Nortonand find its clogs me up and trys to sell add ons all the time a fiend recomended AVG any views please

i was useing norton and and they were always trying to sell add ons disc frag etc and sending me reports that i had loads of issues since uninstalling my computer has sped up and my service is a lot better regarding AVG someone recomended it thats all thanks for everyones advise

Can you please explain why you won’t use AVG or NORTON
Thanks
i was useing norton and and they were always trying to sell add ons disc frag etc and sending me reports that i had loads of issues since uninstalling my computer has sped up and my service is a lot better regarding AVG someone recomended it thats all thanks for everyones advise
Nortons is a resource hog has has been for a very long time. AVG back in the day was good then they went to crap. They were bought by Avast back in 2016, which Avast was good years ago as well until a bunch of systems started having issues after updates. Once Avast was uninstalled, the system worked like it should.

Bitdefender free is actually good, it doesn't nag you at least it didn't when I had it. I just use windows defender and an occasional scan with Malwarebytes. If you to use a paid antivirus, just pay for Malwarebytes.

Can you please explain why you won’t use AVG or NORTON
Thanks
They behave more like a virus/malware than they do as an antivirus. They ride on their past reputation.

Bitdefender free is actually good, it doesn't nag you at least it didn't when I had it.
It's still like that. Sometimes I forget it's even installed. It just does its thing in the background. Only time it does a push notification is to tell you that it updated to the latest software - which happens like once a month.

Back