Windows 10 do we really have to upgrade???

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
XP ended in 2014 and as of this year still .6 percent of all computers still run XP. So technically no but if you want to be secure and up to date then yes. What are your system specs? You may be able to upgrade to 11 for free providing you have decent specs.

tdog198054

Ok I see. I'm currently looking to buy a windows laptop. I ran into a problem after buying a Chromebook. Posted below. I posted it on here. Waiting for replies
I'm at this very moment looking at a laptop that says it's good for gaming. Has thunder bolt 3. This sounds interesting. Sounds like you can use this to play games off an external drive

I bought a Chromebook to download apps mistplay and Rewarded play. Both were incompatible

Now I'm looking for a Windows laptop. To download BlueStacks. Then download mist play and Rewards play. Then download games like Monopoly go, Lords of Mobile, Yahtzee. Simple games

I'm thinking of going back and starting World of Warcraft all over again too. So no real heavy gaming.

I'm looking at buying this laptop below. I can get it for $175

Dell Latitude E5440 Laptop i7 Dual-Core 16GB 1TB Win 10 Pro

Please let me know what you think???

Couriant

Windows 10 is ending support 10/25. Does that mean we have to upgrade
No, you can still use Windows 10, but there will be no updates provided via Windows Update, unless you buy the ESU which Microsoft will provide security updates. I think it equates to about $400 for 3 years, or you can buy per year.

Looks like the machine has its RAM maxed out. I am not sure if $175 is worth a machine that may not be as fast as you would hope it would.