PC Is Extremely Loud When Gaming

FTWitachi

My current issue is with my 2019 PC I have not experienced any problems until roughly 1-2 weeks ago.

Here is a link of a quick video of the noise/loudness I experience https://photos.app.goo.gl/MUqp2fBUfbrF11ZJ7

This only occurs when I am playing any video game otherwise I have no noise issues at all. Even when I am gaming I experience no lag, no frame issues, nothing just an extremely loud PC at random times.

Have also noticed when I wake up in the morning from PC being off for the night and I first start to play a game it works fine for a lot longer but lets say the PC is on all day not necessarily doing anything but I normally play at night it does whats shown in last emails video a lot quicker.

Here is what I have done thus far-
---DISM
---SCN
---Removed GPU (Nvidia) using DDU program and reinstalled no fix
---Also my PC is clean of dust/particles I clean regularly

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19045, Installed 20220502140810.000000-420
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 12, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (105 GB Free); E: 465 GB (424 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC (MS-7B50), ver 1.0, s/n J316023582
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver OPC - 1072009, s/n J316023582
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Attached are some pics of stats while I am using my PC and have a game open.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You've got a temperature issue somewhere. You need to figure out which fan is racing.

cpu fan
case fan
psu fan
gpu fan

my guess would be cpu or gpu.

You can download and run gpuz for the video card to check temps and fan speed.

Download realtemp and run it since you are using an Intel cpu.

beers

Staff member
I'd also consider repasting it if it's been a few years.

I like those fan control settings where you can individually ramp up each component to 100% to see its individual noise contribution. You could probably do that in the nvidia control panel.

FTWitachi

Tech-
RealTemp-
I also noticed not sure if this description helps but lets say I am in Overwatch just in Tutorial mode and doing standard gaming stuff I can't get the issue to occur same with other not so PC heavy games, but I can get it to happen when I am in more hectic situations which makes sense as the PC is trying to cool itself down but never have I had this happen before which is weird. Also I have said before when the PC is just turned on and fresh it takes awhile for it to happen no matter what game I am playing but once it starts it starts lol

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like its the gpu fan. Temp is kinda high as max temp is 88 degrees and gpu says its at 82. Have you removed the video card lately? Possibly updated the driver? My guess is most likely the driver updated since there was an update a couple weeks ago on the 19th. There was a new driver uploaded as of today.

Download and install and see if that makes a difference.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you verify its the gpu fan that is ramping up? Not much we can do here. Have you changed any Geforce settings? Can you stop the Geforce from loading at bootup and see if there is a difference?

FTWitachi

First off thank you very much for the replies :D

Haven't changed any settings, recently uninstalled the GPU and reinstalled it, currently sitting at default settings.

Not gonna lie, not sure how I can tell what it is ramping up when I game as when I try to hear where the loudness comes from I just hear it loll

Couriant

I agree, it looks like your GPU is cooking. The top temp it should not hit is the 95-100oC. However your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 appears to have a max temp of 88oC... I'm no expert to GPU repair or if that one needs new paste but I would be weary that it may go out if the GPU sustains that much temp.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
---Also my PC is clean of dust/particles I clean regularly
Out of curiosity, how do you clean it? If the fans are ramping high and the temperatures are high and you have not removed/adjusted the heatsinks in any way, then I would think there is dust blocking airflow in the heatsink. I would say maybe the fan is not running but if its getting loud then it is spinning.