Msi mag b650 tomahawk

jrh

I bought an msi mag b650 tomahawk wifi and it did not have a processor or ram, I was curious and tried to update the bios using the flash bios button, it did not finish the process and I decided to disconnect from the source. Now I have a processor and ram, I tried to turn it on and access the bios but it doesn't show an image.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't lock it, you bricked the motherboard because the power was cut during the update process. How do you know the update didn't complete? Is this the first time you have built a pc?

jrh

You didn't lock it, you bricked the motherboard because the power was cut during the update process. How do you know the update didn't complete? Is this the first time you have built a pc?
Yes, is the first time, When I updated the bios, the LED stayed on after 5 min, the LED did not blink

jrh

beers

Staff member
I already tried to clean the CMOS, and I just tried the flash bios button again but the LED keeps flashing for more than 10 minutes and nothing happens
What file system is your USB? I've seen some of those be picky about FAT32, also for whatever reason my crosshair bios flash function will be particular about not working with certain sticks.

Did you follow the instructions where you downloaded the BIOS image and put it on a USB stick?

jrh

What file system is your USB? I've seen some of those be picky about FAT32, also for whatever reason my crosshair bios flash function will be particular about not working with certain sticks.

Did you follow the instructions where you downloaded the BIOS image and put it on a USB stick?
I formatted my USB memory in fat32 and downloaded the latest version of the bios directly from the official msi website for the motherboard and renamed the file to msi.rom