Computer hardware and dishwasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Wow. What he's suggesting is that you go out and buy a big tank, lots of distilled water and that oil cleaning stuff, then hook up your dishwasher to it, throw your computer in there, and voila.
You'd probably have to buy a whole new dishwasher to do this too, I don't want any of that stuff on my dishes.

And all this is if you're that crazy enough to do this.

Am I crazy, is this thread nonsense or made this thousand words thread make me to crazy to understand his fantasy lol.
It's pretty funny, his first post. BAM, more words I wrote in a week xD

Ok first of all I cannot believe that this topic became active lol xD

And big thanks to Shale (one of the many) who FINALLY understands that this is just one of the many ways to clean hardware and other things.

Ok so you people do not like my ideas,you don't like the way I solve things,you don't like the way I write my sentences,some do not even like the way of how I make software (refering to the way I write the code) and many think I am a weird moron.Ok I get it.

Now let me tell you something.I came on this forum in 2009. in order to help people with their computer problems and share new ideas.I did not come here to fight and compete who is better or smarter.And you people BS on everything you do not like.Such as this dishwasher thing.OK SO IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT,DON'T DO IT.
You do not need to talk about it like it's something HORRIBLE as a bomb used to kill people.It is just one of the many ways to clean things.And every way is DIFFERENT.Some will use this way,some will use that way and some will use completely other ways,but the goal is the same:

CLEAN HARDWARE COMPLETELY WITHOUT MAKING IT INOPERABLE.

Jesus...you people really like to BS on things you do not like.And you do it on such a way that you would eat each other.
Keep in mind that all those "weirdos" were people who were many years later considered inteligent such as Einstein,Nikola Tesla and so on...
But in their time they were considered weirdos too.

So I am different than the majority.I do not always follow the majority when I do not know why I am following them.You have a problem with that?

In my life there were many things for which I thought were stupid and weird (such as sitting in the front of the screen making software what nobody I knew did not understand at all while they were outside at the party every second night drinking alcohol),but I decided to try and learn them anyway.And thanks to that today I am a person who earns a LOT of money and soon I will make a fortune on a software on which I am already working for more than a year.
And yes.I do that on a 15 years old computer whos parts (except those sensitive ones such as HDD) I washed in a dishwasher.But guess what...it works perfectly just as I expected and on that "PEACE OF JUNK" how you people call it I make a software on which I earn a lot of money and soon will make a fortune from.

So go...go and buy the STRONGEST hardware you can find and use the NEWEST OS you can find and spend all the money you have on that and feel free to say that everything I say/write is nothing but a BS.

Just keep one thing in mind...MY "BS" MADE ME A FORTUNE AND APPROXIMATELY 2 YEARS FROM NOW I WILL NOT EVEN NEED TO HAVE A JOB AND GET UP EVERY MORNING TO GO ON THE JOB (what many people hate) IN ORDER TO GET A NICE MONTH PAY CHECK.

But hey you are right.I am weirdo who says/write nothing but a BS.

LoL.

Cheers everyone!

But the thing is, the components don't need to be that clean, ever. They just need to be dusted.

Hehe, I do it with a hairdryer(or what it's named in english). I press a button so it blows cold air. It's pretty powerful, but not enough to blow every dust part away.

Last edited:
But the thing is, the components don't need to be that clean, ever. They just need to be dusted.

LoL I know they don't need to be that clean.But when I got those 5 old computers (including the 15 years old one I am using) in a firm that day and when I opened them,they were SO dirty and sticky and the smell was so horrible that I just couldn't stand it.It smelled like someone vomited in there.And believe it or not there were alive spiders inside.Not in EVERY computer,but in 3 of them.(And I don't really like spiders lol :D).
So as you can see...dust was the smallest problem lol.Of course I first tryed to clean it without anything extreme such as a water and detergent (from the dishwasher),but then when I disassembled them (motherboard,processor,fans,cooler,HDD,floppy,CD-ROM,PSU and so on...),such a horrible smell came out AGAIN and it was even more dirty.I did try to clean that with a compressed air,wet tissues,hairdryer...,but it was just impossible to clean all that with a compressed air,wet tissues,hairdryer and so on because it was SO dirty and smelly that it was impossible to clean all that without using any extreme methods.
And that SMELL....oh the smell...you should have smell it and feel it in order to know HOW SMELLY IT WAS LOL.Let's just say it smelled like a vomited crap from skunk animals.Yes it was THAT terrible believe it or not lol.

By the way in that moment I realized why I got those 5 old computers for free hahaha!:D

Anyway in that moment I got so angry (because of all that dirt and smell) and just said to myself:

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAN ALL THIS DIRT AND SMELL USING NORMAL METHODS!IT'S TIME FOR SOME EXTREME MEASURES!"

And in that moment I was just thinking what extreme methods to use lol.Few hours later the dishwasher came to my mind and I decided to try it since I had nothing to lose anyway.I did get all those 5 computers for free anyway lol.
Once the dishwasher washed them all and once I took them out,they were like new and that HORRIBLE SMELL FINALLY WENT AWAY :).(Of course I did let them to dry in a very warm room for the next 5 days minimum).
I honestly don't know what the owners of those computers were doing with them in order to make them SO SMELLY,but I was SO DAMN HAPPY when that smell FINALLY went away after I took them out from the dishwasher.
ROFL I honestly do not even know how those spiders survived in there lmao xD !

Anyway now you know why I used that extreme method of cleaning lol.
Thank God I do not have to feel that smell again lol.Hopefully xD...

I would rather have HDD full of viruses because viruses do not smell lol.

Cheers everyone!

Last edited:
Isnt it just amazing how this Shale with 1 post pops up after I bring up the dishwasher in the thread yeaterday. Think, think.

My (guess) is that S.T.A.R.S. and Shale is one in the same or friends. Could be wrong but its fishy that after the dishwasher came up yesterday that somebody just randomly post 1 post taking up for the dishwasher theory and saying.

Thanks again for the basic idea S.T.A.R.S.,

My (guess) is that S.T.A.R.S. and Shale is one in the same or friends. Could be wrong but its fishy that after the dishwasher came up yesterday that somebody just randomly post 1 post taking up for the dishwasher theory and saying.

Yeah that's possible. Really weird.

If you people think that Shale is my friend,you are crazy lmao!Track his IP address if you think I am lying lol.
I bet if that Shale or who ever he is was on your side,you wouldn't be discussing who he is lol.

Apart from the fact that soap and ions are bad for the computer, I say why not? I dropped water on a multiple electric plug quite a few times and dried it, and it worked.

Yeah it sounds a little crazy to put computer parts in the dishwater but if it worked for him why not check it out?

S.T.A.R.S. you might want to make a video and post results and updates on how they work. I'm sure doing it a hundred times in a row is bad thing but once every six month would be enough to damage it?

Apart from the fact that soap and ions are bad for the computer, I say why not? I dropped water on a multiple electric plug quite a few times and dried it, and it worked.

Yeah it sounds a little crazy to put computer parts in the dishwater but if it worked for him why not check it out?

S.T.A.R.S. you might want to make a video and post results and updates on how they work. I'm sure doing it a hundred times in a row is bad thing but once every six month would be enough to damage it?

Sure thing.I will make a video to show you how the hardware works.Soon I hope since I am still waiting for the camera to arrive which I ordered from eBay.
And of course that washing it 100 times in a row would damage it lol.Nobody is not that crazy lol...not even me:D
Well every 6 months would probably not damage it if you dry it well enough before the usage,but if you ask me it is not neccessary to wash it that often.I wash mine once every 8 to 10 years and ONLY if they get so damn dirty that the dishwasher is the only way to clean them.Otherwise I just use a vacue cleaner.

But I will never forget when a friend of mine from his firm gave me approximately 16 years old keyboard that was so old and dirty.It was so dirty that it was light yellow color instead of original white lol.And the smell was horrible lol plus MANY stains of spilled cofee.But hey the keyboard worked great so I decided to clean it.First I was thinking to disengage it completely and then wash every plastic peace manually one by one,but then after few minutes of thinking I just said to myself:"Nah screw it.It will take me days to do that"
So I put it in a dishwasher and once the washing process was finished,I took the keyboard out and it was white again!:D
Like new.:D
I put it in a warm room to dry for 5 days and nights in a row and after that I started to use it and it works perfectly.I use it right now as I am writing this on my 15 year old computer who's very dirty hardware from it's previous owners was also washed in a dishwasher :p

Who says that old dirty computers are good for trash only!They rule!:D:D:D

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice Stars. Putting my double 3d cards PC in the washing machine right now.
Will let you guys know in a few days how it turned out.

Just so a lot of people understand what I am. I have 3 years of IT study and a further of 8 years in biotechnology. Google that, I ain't going to explain. Basically I have electric knowledge, chemical knowledge and biological knowledge.

Air drying your PC is also harmful because air contains moisture... sh*t even dust!!!
I find it pretty disgusting what I read here. Yes thread carefully when you are planning to wash a electronic device (F**** DUH)

On the bashing of this guy's ideas, and just because most of you pissed me of personally. Giving out more flawed updates because people are forced to buy new things. Is something that has been done since 1900. In all fairness now-a-days software needs to be updated so it leaves a bigger paper trail when hacked. (Why you think win 10 is free?, it is not because they are trying to make no money.)

Anyways. After my PC is washed I will post my results. But to make it clear. 99.9% of people are just general idiots that would try to put out fire with dynamite if TV said it was a good idea...
That is why I am pretty sure S.T.A.R.S. is right, and the 0.1% in this group of posts.

Oh wait he actually is the 0.1%, and you guys can go buy some dynamite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back