Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11

InBetweenLines

Hello everyone.
I am having, some trouble w/ backup of one of the two hard drives, in my Desktop-PC.

C was backup'd, without any significant issues, but D is another deal.
I've read a little, that may indicate a locked hard drive, however - I have never set a password on the drive.

My PC is an All-in-One kind of Desktop, from Acer.
Perhaps someone have more experience with the brand, than I do.

I need the backup, in order to sent it in for a screen repair.

LMK, if you need pictures or other details. I am happy to deliver.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
What is the D drive? Is it just another partition or is it a separate disk? Are there any errors when you use backup and restore?

Firewatcher

I have not used Win11, but if it' still offers the Windows 7 Backup and Restore the 'Create System Image' might be a better option. I use that frequently in Win7 and Win10 and it works fine, just select the D drive as well as the Default Windows drive. ( Assuming the screen repair isn't a software issue that you will be copying) I can't say I have ever used just Backup, so not sue why you can't include your drive D The only thing I would check is whether system protection is 'ON' for the D Drive as well as C. - If it is off , that might explain it.
I have also taken to simply copying my Documents, Pictures, Music & Video Folders to a Flash Drive, just as quick nowadays.
Pete