Youtube and Google accessible but not any other websites. Please help.

fmonte

Has anyone ever run into this. My hard wired Desktop PC shows that I am connected to the internet but the only thing I can get to load is Youtube and Google. Google will successfully perform the searchs but when I click on the link to "any" website it times out with this error message "took to long to respond", try checking the connection, proxy and firewall or run window network diagnostics. I ran the diagnostics but I get a message saying "your computer appears to be configured correctly". Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it? Thank you in advance.

beers

Staff member
Probably DNS or some sort of resolution issue.

Try changing your DNS server entry to something like 1.1.1.1. Also I've seen things like uninstalling McAfee exhibit similar behavior where you have to run a special tool.

fmonte

Probably DNS or some sort of resolution issue.

Try changing your DNS server entry to something like 1.1.1.1. Also I've seen things like uninstalling McAfee exhibit similar behavior where you have to run a special tool.
I tried the 1.1.1.1 but it did not work but thank you for trying to help.

beers

Staff member
I tried the 1.1.1.1 but it did not work but thank you for trying to help.
Kind of odd to take a "one and done" approach.

I'd be looking at what you installed or uninstalled recently since it's PC specific. Since you took a look at DNS you can move upwards through the stack to the OS/software layers.