Why would anyone buy an Ipad?

mtb211

I just looked up an Ipad, 32 GB( I hope its SSD) + Wifi 600 dollars, why would anyone buy one of these? Are these things selling... My boss asked me to look into them, I looked up the specs too.. doesnt seem to be very quick either, wouldnt you rather just get a laptop or netbook?

Cause it's got teh 3gz (if you buy that version), and, cause, itz got teh touch screenz, and its like teh ipodz!!

-.-

I saw one at walmart and looked at it. Looked at the prices too. I'd rather get my netbook. If I am going to spend that kind of money, I'd probably get the same 11.6" Alienware "netbook" my friend has.

I can understand touch screen mp3 players, they're neat. Plus, for the amount I payed for my zune, which has 16GB, I'm hardly paying more than for a 16GB mp3 player, which doesn't look as nice.

I just looked up an Ipad, 32 GB( I hope its SSD) + Wifi 600 dollars, why would anyone buy one of these? Are these things selling... My boss asked me to look into them, I looked up the specs too.. doesnt seem to be very quick either, wouldnt you rather just get a laptop or netbook?

iPads really aren't comparable to netbooks. iPad is more of a multimedia device and eReader. Yes it has SSD in it, they don't make HDs thin enough to fit into an iPad. It also has Apple's own processor in it, which is based off of ARM architecture if I recall.

Netbooks are more like really low end laptops. Personally, I don't really see myself owning an iPad personally, unless I completely automate my home with tech and have the iPad act as one giant controller to everything in my home, which they do have a software suite for.

Some will argue how great it is but like all tech its worthless. Personally nothing I would do on a ipad I couldn't do with my hands. I would use it more as a "book" then anything else. Problem I have with that though is the bright screen really bugs my eyes after a while. Where reading off a book I can last 2+ hours before I need to stop.

Last edited:
bestbuy has them on display. and they work pretty fast with their music apps. also Ijustine has a review on youtube why she likes it. I can tell you it works way better then the Color nook did.. In fact, the nook was a joke compared to ipad.

I would never buy one, but if I was given one I'd use it on a fairly regular basis.

My friend got one for free and I've played with it a lot. It's basically a giant ipod...and it got boring after a while.

people buy it because its so heavily supported, I can't think of another one in its class that has the same kind of support in terms of the amount of applications and such being created for it.

Thats not to say i'm a fan nor want one but I can understand its success. It doesn't have to be the most powerful, the fastest or the most intuitive, whilst its got the massive support from software creators it will be a success.

Its much like the old HTC V iPhone debate, sure HTC are making phones that are faster, more capable and with better OS etc but the iPhone has far more support in terms of its apps so its bound to have the popularity.

No, I hate the damned things because it's advertised on every single piece of public transport as a "revolutionary" device and it makes me sick.

:mad:

I could not justify spending that amount of money on one,Theyre overpriced...like all of Apples products.

Can you explain to me how it is over priced? It has SSD, IPS Screen, an Apple Engineered processor (which means they paid for all R&D) and really is a class of it's own compared to other consumer products.

While, I don't want one myself really, but how do you come to this conclusion? Do you consider Mercedes Benz over priced?

Its just my opinion,Everyone entitled to one right?

Take the 13-inch: 2.4GHz MacBook Pro,...that been the lowest model available on Apples Website currently.

Core 2 Duo (Outdated)
4gb of memory (1066mhz)
250gb hard drive 5400rpm (Small capacity & slow)
nvidia gforce 330m

Its outdated hardware,and they want £999 for it....i could go out tomorrow and buy me a high end gaming system,or a very good spec laptop for that.

Their newer Macbook pro with a i5,4gb ram and 500gb drive is 1,899, :/

I understand that they may have done loads of R&D...But for what you get it does not justify the price imo...Its just clever marketing done by apple...and stupid people people keep on paying...so apple will continue to charge OTT prices.

Like i said,Just my opinion. ;)

Last edited:
Its just my opinion,Everyone entitled to one right?

Take the 13-inch: 2.4GHz MacBook Pro,...that been the lowest model available on Apples Website currently.

Core 2 Duo (Outdated)
4gb of memory (1066mhz)
250gb hard drive 5400rpm (Small capacity & slow)
nvidia gforce 330m

Its outdated hardware,and they want £999 for it....i could go out tomorrow and buy me a high end gaming system,or a very good spec laptop for that.

Their newer Macbook pro with a i5,4gb ram and 500gb drive is 1,899, :/

I understand that they may have done loads of R&D...But for what you get it does not justify the price imo...Its just clever marketing done by apple...and stupid people people keep on paying...so apple will continue to charge OTT prices.

Like i said,Just my opinion. ;)

Yeah I am not saying you are right or wrong, just asking. Can you show me an example of a high end gaming laptop which is better?

^ I think we've had that argument already, yeah? Asus's RoG series definitely matches them in quality.

Don't really see much real life purpose for them, other then try hard kids using them in some lame attempt to look cool and such.

But I think they'd make really cool POS and product information access points in stores. Does anyone know of them being used in this manner?

i look at them as huge Ipod touches. I really like my ipod touch, i've had it for about a year now, and it has served me well.

Why don't we quickly compare main product features, with an competing rival product.

2010_Tech__Brick_vs__iPad_by_VacuumNinja.png

^ I think we've had that argument already, yeah? Asus's RoG series definitely matches them in quality.
And exceeds Apple and everything in tackiness. Not to mention they have the aesthetic quality of a brick. I love Asus products, but I couldn't buy anything with a 'Republic of Gamers' badge on it. Too much shame.

Last edited:
Back