Skyrim Class

Sdot

What class do you attempt to play in skyrim?

I feel like they force you to play a warrior type thing.

You aren't forced to do anything. You could be a warrior with a two-handed greatsword or a mace and a shield or you could be a battlemage with a dagger in one hand and a spell in another. Or you could dual-wield spells. You essentially be what you want without having the burden of being forced to choose a strict class early in the game.

they dont force you to do anything, atm im playing a nord heavy armour+two hander. After that a dark elf thief then probably a breton mage :D

I felt like the in game descriptions of the classes did not really help much. I just picked one and started. You start with some basic spells and weapons, so you have options from the start.

The perk system is a little heavy. I'm going to have to do some reading before I start spending points.

I am currently an orc heavy armour + dual mace berserker :D

I will be honest - I am severely underpowered because damage is only slightly above a 2-hander, but I don't have block, however I am finding the challenge a lot of fun. The entire game is superb

Nord with heavy armor and two handed weapons. 1 handed with a torch in caves, wtb a pipboy light lol

I'll likely roll an orc the same way but back the empire and probably a 3rd using magic/summoning.

Whole game is amazing, but horses suck compared to Oblivion.

when i started i felt like going berserker and picked orc, then played around for an hour and decided to use magic, so now i'm a fire shooting dragonborn orc, sounds funny, but works fine, just not as much magica as i would have had.

I'm downloading the game as we speak, are there any archer classes?

i think there may have been one class with a archery perk, but not sure, but all of them should be fine with it.

EDIT: Kajiit and Redguard start out with 5 more levels on archery while the Wood Elf has 10 extra levels, but overall to me the redguard loks to be the best of the three

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_(Skyrim)

Last edited:
I'm downloading the game as we speak, are there any archer classes?

there are no classes, you develop skills based on what you decid to use then on level ups you're given point to put into perks based around skills that you've been using.

They decided to get rid of classes and let you form your own based on what develops naturally as you play.

Picked a Wood Elf... just started and made it to the first town so I'm still deciding on what I'd like to develop her into. I'm thinking a stealth archer with light armours. Hint of magic as well, though I'm unsure which path of magic.

I'm a nord. So far light armor and 1h weapons. I use a fair bit of magic, though I'm not sure I'm going to invest training into it. Fantastic game so far. I honestly didn't think it would be this good.

Anybody know if there is another patch in the works?

I'm sure there will be another patch. With such a huge game there will be errors.

Last night I fell under some stairs in a fort somehow. I couldn't get out, and there was an enemy nearby so I couldn't fast travel my way out of it. I had to reload a previous save.

Indeed. I just killed some big ass spider, it sank into the floor, disappeared for a few seconds then came back up out of the floor all beam me up Scotty like behind me

Guys does skyrim carry on a story from Oblivion?...or is it a game on its own so to speak?

Ive never played Oblivion,Still expensive on Steam though. :/

Guys does skyrim carry on a story from Oblivion?...or is it a game on its own so to speak?

Ive never played Oblivion,Still expensive on Steam though. :/

The Elder Scrolls games are always different stories, usually in different regions of the Elder Scrolls world.

2024805-Oblivion-World-Map.jpg

So yes, it's an entirely new game.

Back