Running Out Of Hard Drive Space.

BunnyJen90

I have a steam deck with a 1.5TB sd micro card and got so many games downloaded that I'm running out of hard drive space. Looking to see if I can get a bigger micro SD card but there is nothing legit that holds more sadly. I have an external hard drive but even that is starting to run out of hard drive space and I'm wanting something more portable since I like to take my steam deck and laptop on the go with me. I'm wondering if Google cloud might be a good idea.

Going to have to dump some data if you can't squeeze it in there.

You could probably swap out the nvme to 2 TB for more space if you haven't, microSD is really slow for launching titles.

Unfortunately I don't really know how to install an internal hard drive myself so I would have to pay for not just an internal hard drive but also for someone to install it. I think I'll just play video games on my laptop instead much better that way and I got an external hard drive I can plug into my laptop that still has some hard drive space left.

Might as well just sell the Steam Deck then :p

I never understood people who wanted their entire library installed at all times.

I'm keeping my steam deck but deciding when on the go I'll only have a few of my games on my micro SD card with me. Hopefully they will make bigger sd cards soon though. It really sucks having only so many of my games on my micro sd card.

The internal storage is a lot faster, you have to wait an eternity for SD card data to load.

Unfortunately I don't really know how to install an internal hard drive myself so I would have to pay for not just an internal hard drive but also for someone to install it.
There are a ton of youtube tutorials on how to do it. It's not rocket science, anybody can do it.

Back