Printing from Firefox - or not

novicegeek

Hey all,
I've come up with a most vexing problem. I cannot get anything to print from Mozilla Firefox. I can print from Microsoft Word, PDFs, and other web browsers, but with Firefox, no. It does spit out a completely blank page, I think to taunt me, but there's no printing at all on it. I've tried changing margins in Firefox and I even did a reset with Firefox. Still no resolution. Of course, I searched this out online with no luck. That's why I'm coming to all of you. You seem to help me when the internet lets me down.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

I thank you.

I can tell you that firefox has been very buggy lately. However, the first thing I would do is disable any and all extensions within firefox and try again. Have you scanned for malware lately? I doubt its a driver issue if everything else prints out fine. You can also try resetting firefox back to defaults and see what happens.

To do that, open firefox, click on help if you have the menu bar enabled and then click on more troubleshooting information and then in the far right corner you'll see refresh firefox.

Well John, the curious became a little more curious. I had earlier set Firefox back to default settings and then added my two extensions back. But after reading your response, I disabled the extensions, ran a quick virus scan, and then a full computer scan with nothing found. I tried to print again, with extensions still disabled. Same blank page.

I would agree that it's doubtful this is a driver issue, because I can print from Chrome, Edge, Word, PDFs, etc. It's got to be a Firefox issue, but I just don't know what it is. It may be from some bug they've got, but I've had this issue on my laptop since I went back to using it about two months ago. My desktop never had a problem printing from Firefox. We had the floor in the office fixed, so the desktop computer went in storage along with everything else. As soon as the office gets painted, I'll bring everything back in, but that may be a month or more, depending on how distracted I get.

Then do this, totally uninstall the printer driver and software. And then download the latest version and install and see of there is a difference. It's not gonna hurt so why not.

Ouch. That hurt a little. I uninstalled the driver (I think) and it went to Microsoft IPP Class Driver, despite my efforts to go to the Brother website and download a driver package. After struggling with it for a while, I ended up doing a system restore to get my old driver back.

But I realized when downloading a new driver, I now have Windows 11 Pro and I had Windows 10 prior to that. You don't suppose an outdated printer driver would affect that, do you? This issue may have started around that time.

I guess it really doesn't matter that much in the end. At some point, I'll get this office painted and my desktop back in the room and won't have to fool with the laptop that much. I ended up printing what I needed from Chrome. For some odd reason, I have no trouble with any other browsers regarding this issue - just Firefox.

Anyway, as always, I appreciate you because you've always been there for me in a time of computer need.

Back