Power issues plz help

grnjester

Hey so I just built a PC but I can't seem to get power I know the outlet works and the cord works and the power switch on power supply is on but no lights or movement I also have the 2 power cords plugged into the power slots on motherboard

You might want to get a power supply tester. Also if the motherboard is shorted out against the case, then it's not gonna start up. Try building it outside the case to take it out of the equation. You also may have doa motherboard. if you don't know how to diagnose then you may have to take it in somewhere and have them do it.

It sounds like you've checked the basics, so next, make sure the 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors are fully seated on the motherboard. Double-check the front panel connectors to ensure the power switch is properly connected. Try a PSU paperclip test or swap the power supply with another one if available. Ensure all components, like RAM and the GPU, are securely seated, and consider resetting the CMOS by removing the battery for a few minutes. Lastly, confirm that the motherboard is correctly mounted on the standoffs, as an extra standoff can cause a short.

Back