no sound through hdmi win 11 tried everything looking for another solution to transmit audio to my smatrt tv !

tomskiman

Hi all
ive been looking for a solution to send the audio from my audio out jack on my laptop to my smart tv (posibley bluetooth) as the video from hdmi works ok, then from the tv to my bluetooth head phones for watching from my laptop at night, my tv dosnt have any audio inputs and ive tried all the fixes for windows 11 nothing worked (its a old acer e5 571) any ideas would be greatly appriciated thank you in anticipation.

Do you have an external theater system? HDMI should also be carrying audio but as above you'd have to select it as the default device.

You have to select the correct audio output in sound settings.
alas i wish it was that simple, if you look on youtube there are many that have the same problem (ive tried all the fixes none have worked) as there is no output for anything but the laptops 3.5 jack, tried different drivers and nothing fixes it, i can put it through my surround sound via the jack and that works my problem is it dosnt have bluetooth and i dont want to go back to wired. but thank you for trying.

Do you have an external theater system? HDMI should also be carrying audio but as above you'd have to select it as the default device.
yes i do which it ok for the daytime but the surround sound dosnt have a conection for my bluetooth headphones and i dont want a wired conection. but thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
this is all i get tried the obvios stuff change cable, disable enable.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
So went out got a new quality hdmi, (2 infact) still no sound,if you type in Youtube no audio from hdmi on windows 11 you will see lots of people have this problem ,i tried all the fixes none worked so thats why i was asking has anyone used a bluetooth audio transmitter from there 3.5 jack cheers

You may have to update the driver. Can you post a screenshot of your device manager with that expanded? And also go into the details tab and show us the hardware ID numbers for it.

Ok, its made by Intel so go here and do the automatically detect and install drivers.

If the updated drivers don't work then maybe its something with the actual port? hdmi audio driver will be included with the video drivers, just update whatever it lists for you.

What exact model of laptop do you have?

its old is a acer e5 571 but i know its not the hdmi socket as its never moved from where it is and it works with windows 10 perfectly as i reinstalled win 10 and it worked again ok, its a somthing with win 11

Ugh, HDMI audio troubles can be frustrating! While XMP might not work, have you tried a different HDMI cable or port on both the PC and TV? Sometimes a simple swap can fix it.

Back