MS Outlook 2010 link issues

ssal

I am on MS Outlook 2010 for all my email need. I have it installed on my laptop and my desktop.
The issue is . . . I cannot open some very long url link from the mail's body with my laptop.
But I can open some url link without issue.
But with the same email and same links, I have no problem opening both in my desktop.
I normally use Firefox as my default browser. To make sure that the browser was not the issue, I have tried setting up MS Edge as the default browser. But it didn't work in MS Edge neither.
Can someone help please?

You do realize 2010 is no longer supported as of 2020 right? It may be as simple as its no longer updated to work with new things. And the bad thing about new versions of office is that its internet based and no longer app based. I still use office 2007 but not for email, mainly for excel and word.

You do realize 2010 is no longer supported as of 2020 right? It may be as simple as its no longer updated to work with new things. And the bad thing about new versions of office is that its internet based and no longer app based. I still use office 2007 but not for email, mainly for excel and word.
I understand that the 2010 is no longer supported, or the best and latest. But I am retired and no longer have the need to have the latest and the best. After all, there is not much new features in Words, Excel, Access and Outlook, or those I need.

But my issue is really . . . why it works in my desktop but only failed with the laptop. And why some links would work and some don't.

I am wondering if there is some setting issue with my laptop.

BTW, my laptop is a Dell G15 with i9 and the desktop is Ryzen 9-5950x

Maybe try reinstalling it? Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe see if there is any updates that were never installed yet?

Out of interest:

What OS are you running on the laptop vs desktop?
Have you tried running Outlook in safe mode? (which is to hold the CTRL button while clicking on the app to start it)

Out of interest:

What OS are you running on the laptop vs desktop?
Have you tried running Outlook in safe mode? (which is to hold the CTRL button while clicking on the app to start it)
Both machines run on Windows 11.
I have to try reinstalling after I get home. I'm out of state in California.

Microsoft has an outlook app you can download from their store page that's free. It doesn't have all the features of the paid one and has some ads they run in weird spots, but if you're just doing simple email things, you'll be fine.

Microsoft has an outlook app you can download from their store page that's free. It doesn't have all the features of the paid one and has some ads they run in weird spots, but if you're just doing simple email things, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the tip. I will look into it.
My main reason for using the MS Outlook 2010 is, #1, I have it and it's paid for. #2, it's ability to create rules to put my email into categories which I can handle, and #3. It blocks junk (I designate those).
Does the free one has that ability?

Yeah it should do #2 and #3. Those features aren't locked behind a paid email program. You can even set those up on the website version of outlook... which is also free.

Back