How to disable the ability to run FileExplorer/ThisPc/Computer (win 8.1)

Adam5777

Hello. On my desktop I have a few shortcuts to games on the disk and a few MP3s and I would like to have access to only those (I want the computer to look like a game console). Is it possible to completely remove the Computer/ThisPC options (File Explorer when you right-click on the Start icon) and the open file location option that appears when I right-click on the shortcut/game icon? I want to completely block access to the option that displays disks and their contents. If it were possible, I would also like to completely hide the taskbar. I know there is an autohide taskbar option, but it appears when I move the cursor down the screen. I use slashes a lot in my question because I'm not using the English version of windows 8.1 and I'm not sure about all the names.

You will probably only have this ability in the pro version of windows and you may have to use group policy. I'm not sure why you would want to block access to Thispc icon, unless you mean for other possible users. You can easily hide desktop icons but its just a matter of checking or unchecking a box to view them again.

Back