Gateway MT3707 ram upgrade

Itronix

Hello. I know that there is another post about upgrading ram, but here are my computer specs:

Gateway MT3707
Intel Dual Core T2060 (1.6ghz)
1gb. memory
160gb hard drive
ATI Radeon X200M
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit.

It's only six months old. I was wondering, I could go to newegg and buy two 1gb. chips of corsair for around $50 total. The corsair is what comes up when doing their memory compatibility tool search. Would I notice a difference when moving from 1gb. to 2gb. of memory on this machine? I'm just curious. I enjoy upgrading things that I use daily, as long as I notice improvement. Thanks everyone!

You'd probably notice quite a difference between one and two gigs. Vista's quite a memory hog as it is, so the extra RAM certainly wouldn't hurt anything :P Plus, laptop drives are fairly slow. Extra RAM would create less of a need for a swap file.

The 6707 is supposed to come with two gigs of RAM (I know, I have one in inventory). Anyways, yeah, it'll make some difference. For $50 it's worth it.

Ok, thanks guys! Hello Sirkenin, mine is a 3707, which seemed to only come with one gig, or 2x512mb sticks. Thanks for the help!

Back