Final Decsion - Which One?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I just want to double check before I go ahead and buy a new video card, Which one of these would be the better one, the 8600 has better stats when comparing the two, but I heard it wasn't a great card and would struggle...

http://microdirect.co.uk/(17160)XFX-GeForce-8600-GTS-256MB-DDR3-PCIE-DVI--675mhz.aspx

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4b6z#specifications

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really want to do this but it may be better, Could somebody recomend the cheapest PSU that wuld run an 8800 320MB from the UK please, I really don't want to but if it's not that much more then I may consider it...

Thanks a lot for any help :)

I would go 7950, waiting for better DX10 cards. Unless you want to consider the 8800GTS 320, Diorhomme probably has good advice for that*sarcasm*. If even going to consider the 8800GTS 320, for $50 more get the 640Mb. Is there anything wrong with that, anyone? <I'll explain that later Kornowski;). Anyway, as for a PSU, Thermaltake isn't that great.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189005 This Xclio is decent, if I may, I would reccommend Seasonic or Corsair, pricey though.

Last edited:
I would go 7950, waiting for better DX10 cards. Unless you want to consider the 8800GTS 320, Diorhomme probably has good advice for that*sarcasm*. If even going to consider the 8800GTS 320, for $50 more get the 640Mb. Is there anything wrong with that, anyone? <I'll explain that later Kornowski;). Anyway, as for a PSU, Thermaltake isn't that great.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189005 This Xclio is decent, if I may, I would reccommend Seasonic or Corsair, pricey though.

If both are stock the difference in price is $110, not $50. ($260vs$370), no need to confuse people.

I thought Thermaltake were a good company, ah well... I looked up the XClio and I could only find one store that sold them for £40 ($80) and that was a 480watt...

So you think a 7950 would be better for now, Seriously need to think about this one...

I thought Thermaltake were a good company, ah well... I looked up the XClio and I could only find one store that sold them for £40 ($80) and that was a 480watt...

So you think a 7950 would be better for now, Seriously need to think about this one...

You may need more than me to 'vouche' for that, since I am so wrong, according to Diorhomme, anyway.

Stop bickering. :(

At the end of the day i would go for the 7950, because even you said you had no real hopes of getting Vista and due to the fact that i don't rate the 8600's one bit.;)

As with the PSU issue, i would get that Thermalake one if you want, i've had 2 PSU's from them and they've both been perfectly fine.

At the end of the day i would go for the 7950, because even you said you had no real hopes of getting Vista and due to the fact that i don't rate the 8600's one bit.;)

As with the PSU issue, i would get that Thermalake one if you want, i've had 2 PSU's from them and they've both been perfectly fine.

Why dont you tell diarria or whatever his name is to stop bickering hes the one that started all of this.

I would go for the 7950 or the 8800GTS 640MB.

I am only human, I just saw a Thermaltake PSU on that 'crap-list' someone posted. I am not exp'd in PSU's.

Thanks Jack

His name looks like Hemorrhoid and he is becoming one, too.

Last edited:
which costs more and performs worse than factory OC'ed 320mb on 1280x1024. silly kids.
wow... You can also buy overclocked versions of the 640MB to.

If you compare the 320 and 640 versions at the same clock speed, you wont notice a difference performance wise if you play on lower resolutions.

And as I said before, it's extremely easy to overclock them yourself. Save your money and buy the cheapest 8800GTS you can, then overclock it yourself.

Neither are you in anything related to PC's, evidently. And btw, name calling starts when one looses an argument, just fyi.

You ovbiously have no ****ing idea about pcs do you look at what omega said. No name calling starts when someone gets pissed off at someone cause they are ignorant and dont know what the hell they are talking about(kinda like you) and when they are proved wrong they keep trying to say they are right that is where the name calling starts.

never buy a cheap PSU that thing powers your system. You don't want dirty power or a surge to go through your system board and blow your mosfet chips do ya?

Power supplys and motherboards are back bones of your sytem

You ovbiously have no ****ing idea about pcs do you look at what omega said. No name calling starts when someone gets pissed off at someone cause they are ignorant and dont know what the hell they are talking about(kinda like you) and when they are proved wrong they keep trying to say they are right that is where the name calling starts.

Proved wrong? Excuse me? I can easily come up with a screenshot which shows stock 640mb being outperformed by 320mb ko acs3 in 1280x1024 if you want me to, can you do the opposite? Yeah I thought so.

never buy a cheap PSU that thing powers your system. You don't want dirty power or a surge to go through your system board and blow your mosfet chips do ya?

Power supplys and motherboards are back bones of your sytem

I've been running my cards in SLI mode for a little over a year now on a brand name 500w PSU ;) Not a good idea though, I agree.

Back