dx10

xxxalpinexxx80

are ther going to be more dx10 from nvidia like maby a 8100.idn

I want to get any dx10 card at the lowest price possible. if any one knoews if there comming out with cheaper ones an when are they and what are the price

did you search at all?

the 8600's are coming out, as are the 8900's, and inevitably the 8950's, etc.

also, ati is coming out with their own dx10 cards soon

As heyman said, they are releasing the 8600 series, as well as the 8300 series for a much lower price.

What's a good place to keep looking for these new cards to come out? I'm waiting on DX10 cards to start building my new computer.

Well they have the 8800's out right now, but the rest of the series isnt coming out for a couple months.

Wait to buy a dx10 card until games are are actually using it....

Unless you plan to upgrade/buy a new comp now, otherwise wait to upgrade....

Wait to buy a dx10 card until games are are actually using it....

Unless you plan to upgrade/buy a new comp now, otherwise wait to upgrade....

Well as he said, he wants to start building a computer now. So a DX10 card would be a good idea.

I want to get any dx10 card at the lowest price possible. if any one knoews if there comming out with cheaper ones an when are they and what are the price

What's your budget for the video card?

Where does it say he is building?

Where does it say he is building?

What's a good place to keep looking for these new cards to come out? I'm waiting on DX10 cards to start building my new computer.

There :)

well im going to build a computer and im waiting for the c2d to lowerdown. I am probably going to wait about 2 month

What do you estime the lowest price for dx10 card that is nvidia

also when the geforce 8300 comes out in march, im probably going to get it

do you think it is better then a 7900gs although the 8300 is dx10

if the prices rnt to high maby i can get a geforce 8600gs

Low. Remember, the rest of the 8xxx series (including the 8600GT) is coming out shortly, and will fill in the lower-mid to higher-mid range.

NO, the 8300 is not going to be better than a 7900GS :p. Each new series, the performance goes up, however. For instance, a 7600GT is better than or equal to a 6800GT, and I would suppose that the 8600GT is going to be roughly equal or slightly better than a 7900GS.

Last edited:
they estimate geforce 8600gt - to be 150-250 dollars i am probably going to get one of them then wait and later on get another 8600, the 8800 runing in sli waste other slot if you need them like i do

yeah ill get the 8600 cause its dx10:cool: and the price isnt craxy like the 8800.

I so bad hope that 2 geforce 8600 can run fine on 550 watts if not tell me cause i havnt brought the psu yet but im about to i found a really good one at a low price that is sli certified and works with a nforce 680i

I so bad hope that 2 geforce 8600 can run fine on 550 watts if not tell me cause i havnt brought the psu yet but im about to i found a really good one at a low price that is sli certified and works with a nforce 680i

Have you bought it? How much did it cost? Model? There are a lot of cheapo power supplies out there.

Although the 8800 series do not have official drivers out so it would be a bad idea to get one and expect it to work with Vista. I'm getting one, but will wait for actual drivers that work. I read tons of reviews many saying that they will not work with vista.

EDIT- the new 8800GTS 330MB cards are coming out on the 12th of February (this month) for only $300.

Last edited:
Don't count on anything soon. The 8800 drivers were supposed to be done by last January, look at it now, still not out. I'm guessing if you get a 8800 and vista expect blue screens and constant crashes from what I've heard...

Although the 8800 series do not have official drivers out so it would be a bad idea to get one and expect it to work with Vista. I'm getting one, but will wait for actual drivers that work. I read tons of reviews many saying that they will not work with vista.

EDIT- the new 8800GTS 330MB cards are coming out on the 12th of February (this month) for only $300.

Don't count on anything soon. The 8800 drivers were supposed to be done by last January, look at it now, still not out. I'm guessing if you get a 8800 and vista expect blue screens and constant crashes from what I've heard...

The Nvidia Vista drivers came out Jan 30th. Check the site. They're official not beta

Back