Desktop with Windows 10 won't connect to internet

bikerider

I have a desktop running Windows 10 that up until today was connecting to the internet. Today it would not connect. I could select the modem I normally connect to, but not have any internet. My phone and a laptop are connected to that same modem and I am able to surf the web normally. I directly connected the modem to the desktop with an ethernet cable and still I did not have any internet. So far I have tried troubleshooting with no results and did a network reset. After doing the network reset I no longer have the option to setup a new network or select any nearby networks. Any idea what could be wrong?

Go into device manager and post a screenshot with the network adapters section expanded.

Thats because you have no drivers installed for the ethernet port or the wifi card. If you have make and model of computer if its store bought or model number of motherboard if its a custom built pc then we can get you the correct drivers to download.

I bought it complete. It's a Cobratype RATTLER II Gaming Desktop Pc. Intel Core i5 with Windows 10. How can I download the drivers I need without an internet connection? Also, recently my Windows Defender picked up a few threats during a full scan. I'm not sure if it's related, but might be worth mentioning.

How can I download the drivers I need without an internet connection?
By using a pc that has internet, copy the file you download to a usb flash drive and then transfer it to pc that needs the driver. Since its an weird store bought pc, I'm gonna need some different information to get you the correct drivers. I'm actually surprised that windows 10 doesn't have the driver built in.

So right click on both of those entries and click on properties. Then click on the details tab, change property id to hardware id's and then give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They will look like this.

hardware id's.jpg

When I get that info, I'll give you links to download the correct drivers for both items. After that, that xbox entry should automatically install once you get internet or reboot the pc.
Also, recently my Windows Defender picked up a few threats during a full scan. I'm not sure if it's related, but might be worth mentioning.
Once you get internet, Download and install Malwarebytes and then run and let it quarantine anything it finds afterwards. A log will pop up afterwards or I can have you export it to a text file and post it here so I can see what it removes. It's possible that malware is causing the driver issues.

I will do that. Thanks for your help. The network adapter did show up before I reset the network, it just doesn't show up now. I'll post the digit vendor and device id numbers.

In device manager these are the driver details for each section I could find starting with: PCI Bus, PCI Standard host cpu bridge and PCI-to-PCI Bridge. Is this the information you need?

Attachments

• 20240906_144601.jpg
    20240906_144601.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240906_144622.jpg
    20240906_144622.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240906_144642.jpg
    20240906_144642.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 2
Under the Details tab for the Ethernet and WiFi entries, then in the drop down menu choose Hardware IDs as shown in the image johnb has shown (his may look different depending on the OS).

1725662002910.png

The bigger concern is that you lost all three of those. Were there any updates that happened or anything that was installed (software or hardware)?

I'm still waiting for the screenshot to show the vendor and device ID numbers. What you posted wasn't what was requested. If you follow my instructions you'll see the correct information.

Back