2TB NVMe drive for $50

Treefrog

Guys, like the title says, I purchased a 2TB Skyline NVME-SD-X550 from ebay for $53 dollars after tax.
Anyway to verify its true capacity after I receive it?
I only need it for storage so speed is ok.
Amazon have similar 2tb drives speed at 5200MB/s for about 90 dollars after tax.
I figure I will give this a try since the seller have high sales positive feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
If thats what you want to do to save a few bucks. Format the drive when you get it and it should tell you if its true or not.

Hello John

Are NVMe difference compare to USB drives? Reason I ask is because I know they can fake the capacity of the USB drive.

They can't fake the capacity of the NVMe drive?

Thanks

Well, you bought a cheap no name brand drive so its not like you can download name brand utility and run tests on it. As I said before, just format the drive. partition it and see what the size says. The speed of that NVME is not even double the speed of a sata SSD. I would have bought a cheap brand name drive, at least you would a good chance of it being ok.

To verify the true capacity of your NVME SSD when you receive it, you can try the following:

1. Use Windows' built-in Disk Management tool to check the reported capacity.
  2. Download and run a free disk testing tool like H2testw or FakeFlashTest. These programs write data to the entire drive and verify it, exposing fake capacity claims.
  3. Use CrystalDiskInfo to check the drive's S.M.A.R.T. data and confirm the model number.
  4. Perform a full format of the drive and see if it completes successfully.
Btw, I found this site: Hard Drive Price Tracker useful for tracking hard drive prices.

Last edited:
Back