2nd Router with Print Server Config Help Please

Witterings

I've recently moved to a new provider / fibre broadband, I can't get the print server on their router to work so was going to plug my old router into it and use the print server on that as I was before.
If say new routers DHCP range is 192.168.1.1 to 253, can I give the old router a 192.168.2.1 IP and is that the best thing to do?

Also it has various modes as either access point or media bridge, I've already switched DHCP off on it but loads of devices are stilll showing up as connected to the old router in access mode which I'm guessing I don't want, will switching it to a 2.1 ending IP or into media bridge mode stop that?

If things hasn't changed, I used to have 2 other routers attached to main and all I did was go 192.168.1.2 and then 192.168.1.3 as internal IP's for those routers. Just make sure you disable dhcp and nat on the second router. I believe you would want an access point mode.

I'm sure @beers could help you more.

If things hasn't changed, I used to have 2 other routers attached to main and all I did was go 192.168.1.2 and then 192.168.1.3 as internal IP's for those routers. Just make sure you disable dhcp and nat on the second router. I believe you would want an access point mode.

I'm sure @beers could help you more.

C heers I'll take a look, don't think I disabled the nat so will try that and see what happens.

Back