Razer's New Program for 7.1 Surround Sound on Stereo Headsets! (It's free too)

xTobyMc

Not sure if anyone else got the email, but Razer just sent out a load of emails regarding their new software called Razer Surround. It allows you to simulate 7.1 surround sound with ANY headset or headphones, including stereo ones. I downloaded and installed it and it actually works really well and comes with its own calibration tools so you can set it up perfectly.

http://www.razerzone.com/surround

I feel like I'm the first person that even knows about it, as I haven't found a single other article or video online which talks about it!

It's BS.

It's virtual surround which they openly admit to being inferior.

It will use additional processing power for little benefit

It's another useless program loaded onto your PC.

Let's have a look down the bottom of the page:

Calibrate to your individual preferences
Pre-configured calibrations for all Razer Audio products
Bass boost – For a thundering bass
Sound normalization – Reduce loudness variation
Voice clarity – For crystal clear incoming voice communication
Voice level – Adjust the level of incoming voice communication
Custom & 11 pre-set equalizer settings
Works with any stereo headset/headphones

It's nothing more than marketing for more razer products. There is no substance to this software.

Have a read of this and maybe glean a little knowledge :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/gvj5w/3d_sound_no_really_watch_this/

Eh I know that, I have dealt with crappy marketing gimmicks before. But that won't keep me from trying it, I review software for my blog ;)

How bad could it really be :p the beats audio BLOWS...sure it sounds fine w/ basses and such but it flattens out louds and softs so everything sounds the same and even removes parts of the music and this is incredibly annoying while trying to edit a video and never knowing if it'll sound good on another audio card...anyone know how to fix that? :p

Yes it does, but this is much different then Beats Audio. It could still blow, but in a different way.

hahaha

I would rather use these

coloud-hello-kitty-pink-headphones-from-coloud.jpg

than listen to software mixed audio for anything, I bet these phones even have better imaging than that software

It's BS.

It's virtual surround which they openly admit to being inferior.

It will use additional processing power for little benefit

It's another useless program loaded onto your PC.

Let's have a look down the bottom of the page:

It's nothing more than marketing for more razer products. There is no substance to this software.

Have a read of this and maybe glean a little knowledge :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/gvj5w/3d_sound_no_really_watch_this/

I don't see how surround emulation software is a bad thing. Most of us don't want 7 ugly speakers dotted around a room. Our ears are easily fooled - why not take advantage of that?

I don't see how surround emulation software is a bad thing. Most of us don't want 7 ugly speakers dotted around a room. Our ears are easily fooled - why not take advantage of that?

Your ears might be fooled but your brain knows better.

More surround channels isn't always better as well... but any hardware setup will always beat a software implementation... except surround headphones, that doesn't work right.

The future for two channel cans is binaural recording and HRTF :)

You guys could at least give the software a go, it's free. I noticed a big difference, especially in the calibration setup. If you've tried it and say it's BS, then fair enough, but comments before you've tried it are pointless.

Back