Laptop turns on then shuts off

Victus

Hi,
Last year I bought a Laptop (Hp Victus 15) and it was working perfectly fine. One night, I was watching Netflix on it and decided to close Netflix and open my web browser. As soon as I started typing into the search bar, some red vertical bars appeared on the screen and then it immediately turned black (computer didn’t fully shut down though).

Ever since, whenever I try to open my laptop, either the fans turn for 2 seconds and then stop or they don’t turn at all, but my power button stays opened. If I leave it opened for a while, the fans turn for a couple seconds then stop, so on until i manually turn it off.

Here are a bit more details:
- I was plugged in from an extension cord at the time of the incident.
- I opened it already and checked for damages on the cpu,gpu,ram and nvme but it all seems to be fine.

Any idea what could have caused this? It has been almost a week and nothing has changed.

Couriant

Can you confirm the Serial number of the machine? There are quite a few 'Victus 15' models and I would like to know which one you have.

Also, can you confirm if you connect a HDMI cable from the laptop to a compatible monitor/TV, do you see any display? The reason I ask is that my user's Dell LCD screen went blank. We did confirm it was the LCD that was the cause as we were able to get the desktop displaying on an external monitor.

Victus

I just linked a picture of the exact laptop I bought so you know all the specs and stuff.

To answer your question, I did try to connect my laptop to my usual monitor. Unfortunately I could not see any display.IMG_0693.jpeg

Couriant

OK, assuming that the computer did not detect the monitor due to how the computer is set up, it could be a few things, mainly:

1) The LCD is now defective
2) the video card/s (this machine has an AMD that is integrated with the CPU, and a NVIDIA discrete card) are defective (which means a system board replacement)

If you are unsure that the machine has warranty, I would recommend checking it at https://support.hp.com so if it does have warranty you can contact HP and have them repair it. If it's not under warranty they may have an out of warranty repair service. I haven't had to use HP, but Dell has one and the cost of getting our laptops repaired was 1/3 less than if I bought the parts from Dell (this is for work, so we would have to go through them)